Roger Summit Conference Sponsorship Nomination
The Roger Summit Conference Sponsorship is intended to promote awareness
of the benefits of attending the conference and to support and nurture
an AIIP member who has not previously attended an AIIP Annual
When the AIIP Annual
Conference is held in-person, the Roger Summit Conference Sponsorship
provides $1,000 towards hotel and travel expenses, and AIIP covers the
conference registration fee. In years when the Annual Conference is
virtual, this award provides a free conference registration to an AIIP
member attending their first AIIP Annual Conference.
Note: If you attended the virtual conference in 2021 or 2022, but have not attended an in-person conference you are eligible to apply for this award.
- Applicants must have been an AIIP member for at least two years and in business as an independent information professional for at least two years. Their business must be full time and represent the applicant’s primary source of income.
- Applicants must be attending their first AIIP Annual Conference.
- Applicants can nominate themselves.
Nominations and Award Process
Nominations are accepted via the application form on this page. Nominations are evaluated by a judging panel consisting of three AIIP members.
- The award will be forfeited if the winner is unable to attend the upcoming AIIP Conference. The winner will have 72 hours to indicate whether he/she will attend the conference. If s/he cannot attend, the award will be offered to the first runner-up.
- The Roger Summit Conference Sponsorship constitutes a considerable investment by AIIP. Each year's winner will be invited to voluntarily serve on an AIIP committee for a minimum of one year after receiving the scholarship.